Open Tech Thoughts: Digital Transformation, Agile, Cloudification, Security
Developers and tech communities are working frantically on software and infrastructure design for cloud transformations. At the Open Tech Thoughts on 20 July 2017 at the KUTCHiiN in Munich, Tech Experts spoke about and discussed current challenges, future developments, and critical success factors. In particular, the focus was on agile programming, cloudification, Kubernetes as well as related platforms, security and the management of Multi-Clouds.
The keynote presentation by Kurt Garloff, Chief Architect Cloud at T-Systems was about the Digital Transformation. Why do companies focus on a fast, risk-averse, and low-cost transformation?
- Extracts from the Bible for modern software development – from the git commit to fully automated production
- New developments in the infrastructure e.g. code management, build systems, simpler integrations, PaaS, and testing
- Paradigm shift in organization and culture
- To-do lists for security, data protection, law, practical technologies, deployment models
- Transformation into a modern, IT-driven company
The keynote was followed by an interactive exchange, excellent catering, and several deep dive sessions focusing on:
- Bitnami in the OTC
- Cloud-security & solutions regarding the EU data security regulation
- Cloud orchestration in multi-cloud environments
- Cloudifier: Migration to the cloud
The official conclusion included a plenary on “Digital Transformation” with the following participants: Kurt Garloff (Chief Architect Cloud, T-Systems), Sebastian Osthoff (Senior Solution Architect, adidas), and Professor Dr. Christian Prehofer (Internet of Things & Services – Research Group Leader, fortiss). The plenum was moderated by Ralph Dehner (Moderator, CEO, B1 Systems).
The closing of the interesting evening was held at an open bar with networking until shortly before midnight. We would like to thank the host Daniel Trisner, Head of Focus Industries Marketing, T-Systems for the successful event. We will keep you updated about the next events in our Briefings and our Event section.